17 September 2010

Finance approval

I received an email and a phone call from my new lender shortly after my visit to the solicitor. The content of which was to say my application had been approved. Are emails written confirmation? Do they really count? They are a form of written communication, but do they carry the same weight as a piece of paper delivered by Australia Post. My solicitor seemed to think so.

So, that’s it. The deal is a happening thing. We have a new property. Well, almost. Things were beginning to look positive.

I wondered if the telephone conversation I had a few days earlier with a finance rep made a difference. I was at a Westpac branch getting a statement when someone rang me. I fibbed and said Westpac had been tempting me with their home loan deals.  I said they were trying to get me to change lenders. It wasn't really true, but I wonder if that helped get things moving a bit faster.  The fear of loosing a potential customer.

I was feeling happy, and had a lilt in my step. Although, another problem was about to occur that was completely unexpected.

No comments: