08 October 2007

Don't forget the important things

This is my first day at work, and thankfully everyone has been very welcoming. I met the staff office person I had been dealing with over the phone. She was a stickler for detail, and wanted to sight my degree before putting me on the payroll. I didn’t know where it was, except that it was in Melbourne, somewhere. You know, in one of those safe places that you forget as soon as you walk out the room. However, she softened, saying as my qualifications for the job were based on work experience rather than my area of study it would be unnecessary. My new boss was good to me, and having been new to Canberra herself had a lot of useful advice for me. She mentioned in regard to renting that LJ Hooker want a lot of cash up front for the bond and they have a multi page check list to go through. It sounded ominous.

No comments: