19 October 2007

A place to live

Up early on the weekend, packed the car ready for the move, and checked out of the motel; it’s funny how you can never repack things the way you had them before. When I arrived at my new home in Dunlop I found that a double bed had been put into the room. So, I’m unpacking my stuff, and was getting some sheets and blankets out to make up the bed when I discovered it already had been made up with matching sheets and pillow slips. There were also towels in the bathroom. Later I found a mat in the bathroom. I’m being fussed over. I felt quite touched.

S had been cleaning up the back yard at Warrandyte. She laid a new brick path in the veggie patch. There was a pile of old bricks that had the mortar chipped off them and they became pavers. She suggested we buy a new ute, pointing to the advantages of a reliable car and perhaps leasing it. I’ve never been impressed with new cars. I think used cars make much better deals any day.

No comments: