05 December 2007

A possible contender

I arranged to have a look through the house at Evatt. It was good of the owner to allow me through. I brought my camera with me and took swags of photos to send to S in Melbourne. She seemed to be getting excited over it, as though this house was the ‘one’. This property was a bit rough around the edges, but it was also the first house I’d seen with a decent sized yard. It also had a good sized shed, with plenty of additional parking, and it had a relatively large kitchen. The lounge was a strange shape, main bedroom small, very ordinary bath rooms. It had a wood heater upstairs; now that’s an odd design feature. Heat rises. Wouldn’t you want to have the heater on the lower floor, and bringing firewood inside would be a pain. It was also in very close proximity to HT power lines. The views were okay, but not great, mostly looking out over other houses form it’s slightly elevated position.

No comments: