28 February 2008

A few troubles

Pay day at last. We were both hanging out for it. Though when I transferred $400 to S’s account she only noticed about $390 in her account. Banks are accountable to no one. While I was at the bank a request to transfer funds to another bank, my building society account actually, was refused. Funds transfers I had been doing for years were now no longer possible.

The pleasant young clerk explained, after consulting with one of his colleagues, that my requested transfer could not take place because the account number was invalid. He lost all his confidence when I asked why it was that I could transfer funds to this account in the past. A further discussion with a larger group of colleagues revealed that the bank had decided to discontinue supporting some accounts which just happened to include mine. I was not happy with Westpac.

The mechanic rang. The turbo has been removed from my car, and ready to pick up. Had I been in the position of having more than one car I could have driven to the workshop, thrown the turbo in the boot, and zoomed off to the company to get it repaired. Or had I a bit of spare cash I would have asked them to get a courier to take it to them. A bus trip will be on the cards.

No comments: