14 April 2008

Another nothing weekend

It was a very disappointing weekend. I suppose everyone is on the lookout for a bargain, and no one wants to pay more than they have to for a property. Hell, I’ll settle for a fair price for a fair deal, but there weren’t many out there that I saw.

It almost seemed that to get a decent place you have to pay $500,000+. An okay place is about $400,000. Roughies are in the $300s. There are probably exceptions, and it depends where you buy, but they eluded my search. I wish people would be a bit more honest when they advertise their places.

We are still getting a lot of people through our own property. It feels so weird to be house hunting here in Canberra, strolling through houses for sale and thinking there are other people strolling about my place in Melbourne. What we need is to find someone who lives in Canberra and wants to live in Melbourne; then we can do a house swap.

S was chatting to our real estate agent after the inspection, just before she was about to drive off, when some latecomers called by. They went through by themselves. Things are getting very casual.

No comments: