02 April 2008

Hard times

The days are beginning to blend. It’s been so busy at work that I’d liked to have been able to flake out at the end of the day. There were heaps of problems at work that I just didn’t need. But it’s been busy at home too. Tonight it was moving day and clean up.

So, I shifted the remainder of my stuff to my new address, down the street. It was surprisingly tiring. Of course, I had to give the bathroom and toilet a good clean to make it sparkle. Signed off on the bond, and with the money in my pocket for just a day, passed it along to my new landlord. He was pleasantly obliging. I’m being made to feel so welcome. There are some decent people around the place.

My new room was smaller than the one I had last, and it has a single bed instead of the double, but I still had my own toilet and bathroom. There is a fabulous big kitchen, and the house is very comfortable. I find I can talk to him easily. I think its going to be good.

In Melbourne, our house was to be advertised from Thursday as being up for sale by tender at the newly reduced price. The agents got their way. S is getting really fed up with things, and feeling lonely. With all the problems at work and extra time I’ve been putting in at work I’ve worked up a few days of flex time. S didn’t think it worthwhile coming across to Melbourne, but I think we both need a cuddle and each other’s company. So, I’ll be heading off again, soon.

Neither of us have much money this week. S’s phone ran out of credit, and I couldn’t afford to put more credit on it for her. I rang Optus and they were able to transfer some credit from my phone to her phone. Oh, the wonders of modern technology. Mind you, I was on the phone for about half an hour talking to someone in India while it was organised. That’s ironic.

No comments: