20 August 2010

Another lender

I applied to another lender for a home loan. Not a bank. I went through the whole application process again, resulting in more time being spent in completing another multi page form and waiting for approval.

My chosen lender had a web site like most others. It included various calculators. I entered my details in their calculator which indicated I would be approved. That wasn't really a surprise. I suspect financial institutions make it easy for you. To get you hooked. The world hasn’t learned that much since the Global Financial Crisis. Anyway, I printed an application form and began filling it out.

I was absolutely honest in completing the application. I checked and double checked every entry, particularly the financial questions. I provided copies of my payslip, credit card statements, current home loan statement, absolutely everything. I checked the start date of my employment, double checked I had my driver’s licence number correctly stated, and $ amounts, dates and other information was checked and rechecked. I didn’t want anything looking suspicious or found to be inaccurate. I imagine they would make a few spot checks, but who knows, perhaps they confirmed everything. If any errors were found it may have delayed my application, or worse, they might have rejected my application. It was the most carefully put together application I could manage and it was mailed to them. I had good reason to concentrate on having this application go through smoothly, and it wasn't just because the vendor's real estate agent was on my back.

It was easier this time, having applied so recently. Most of the required information was the same, and fortunately I had kept a copy of the first application. I sat back and waited.

No comments: