24 August 2010

Being hassled by the agent

The pressure was on again in quicker time that I would have liked. The vendor’s solicitor must have mailed the contract to my solicitor immediately. My solicitor contacted me asking us to call into his office to sign the contract so that exchange could take place. That’s a commitment I didn’t want to make until I had some home loan finance organised. I put off making an appointment. That didn’t worry my solicitor, but I began to get badgered again by the vendor’s agent.

At a time when it would have been good to have things move quickly this new lender worked at a leisurely pace. If only the vendor wasn’t in such a hurry to close the deal.

My application with the new lender was progressing. I was contacted to provide documents in addition to what had been requested in the application package: more financial statements, rates notices etc. It was reassuring to know that the wheels of industry were turning. Though, I wonder why they didn’t ask for this stuff earlier.

No comments: