18 March 2008

A humdrum weekend

Eight people came through the house on Saturday, and one came back for a second look. It’s good to see the interest in the place.

I had a look through a few rental properties, now that my days in my current digs are numbered. It was just the room I wanted to rent. One was an okay place but had no furniture. A second place seemed fine but there was no storage space available and they wanted a long term client. Perhaps I shouldn’t have opened my mouth. The next place I visited was owned by an old man in a large house, which could have been okay, but he said he’d promised the place already. Pitty. I have to keep looking. It was all a bit depresssing as none of the properties, nor the people renting them, particularly inspired me.

It was hot. Both S and I went to the movies. We checked the web to find something that was showing at about the same time. She went to the flicks in Melbourne at the local Hoyts, and I was at the cinema here in Canberra.

S is concerned about me renting, and suggested I not rent in Canberra, but buy a house. Any house. We can get something else later. I wondered if that might be difficult; raising a deposit if nothing else. Perhaps rent a property with a view to purchase when we sell our own.

No comments: