06 May 2008

Another look at Macgregor

I arranged to see the property at Macgregor. I took the camera with me and took a swag of photos to send to S. The house had become smaller since I was last there, and the block had become larger. It’s strange how your memory plays tricks like that.

A more careful inspection revealed things that were wrong with it that I hadn’t noticed earlier. Various things had been damaged and were not cared for. Doors had banged against objects and had dents in them. There was a roughness about the place. The garden seems to have died. I still quite liked the place despite this. Canberra doesn’t seem to have much more than conventional house design, unless you start to get very expensive. So, here is one that may be within my price range and a bit different to boot.

I had earlier studied a few of the brochures I had collected from properties in the vicinity during my travels. Following each open inspection I would note my impressions and other details. It’s good as a memory jog.

From what I’ve seen in the area, it seemed to me that this property might sell for $390 to $400k. However, having seen it again today, and seen the roughness of the property I wonder that perhaps $380 to $390k would be a better price.

No comments: