05 May 2008

Sold

An offer of $355,000 was made. This was the figure S and I discussed when considering what would be acceptable. So, that’s it. Sold! According to our real estate agent our buyer is a nurse, she liked the garden, and also liked the property because of its proximity to her work.

She paid $1000 in cash on signing the contract, promising the remainder of the deposit on Friday, with Settlement set to be on the 16th June. So, that’s it. At last. Home and hosed. What a relief. No more fretting. No more house cleaning for inspections. All we need now is place to live, and shift our stuff.

S had a look on the web at the house I’d spotted in Macgregor, and liked it. I rang the agent to arrange another inspection for me, and if I still liked it I’d check out the building report. If the building report was mostly okay, S would drive up to Canberra for the auction on Saturday.

Things are getting exciting!

No comments: