06 June 2008

Packing gets serious

Finished packing a stack of books into boxes. Books are very heavy, so I only packed them half way and filled the remainder of the box with linen. They were still heavy, but manageable.

I had listed some items on ebay, and amongst all the bits and pieces I had up for sale was an old trailer. Despite the trailer’s decrepit condition I felt sad in offering it for sale as I had built it as a young man, and it was my first major welding project. It was really very badly rusted, and the photographs I posted clearly showed holes in the metal. It sold, the guy who got it seemed happy, and once more ebay amazes me.

I got only one box filled with crockery. It’s slow going.

So far, I hadn’t heard anything as to our idea of dumping the solicitor in favour of dealing directly with Melody in the rental of our property. We have to stay in the house past settlement date and the legal fees for setting up such an arrangement is to cost $300. S was wondering if we should get the solicitor’s phone number. I had a better idea. I rang Melody and put the idea to her directly. Without hesitation she said, “paying the solicitor set up fees was stupid,” and was happy to have an informal arrangement. We’ll put $350 in her hand when she visits some time next week. So that’s organised.

Later in the day Fay, our conveyancer, rang in response to a message I had left, regarding the same issue. She said that she had contacted Melody’s solicitor, and as Melody was on a rostered day off today was not contactable. She said I would have to wait until next week for an answer. I was just off the phone to Melody and got it sorted. The reason I was able to speak her was because she was at home. They’re all next to useless.

No comments: