15 June 2008

Packing is so boring

The packing is taking much longer to do than expected. I found I get one of the removalist boxes almost full, only to see that there remains a little gap that’s too small for the next item. The gaps were too big to leave empty, but too small for much else. I didn’t want to leave any boxes only partially filled, yet I could not find a thing to put into the box to fill it completely. Bugger it. It’s so frustrating that in the end I just stuffed the gaps with cushions.

My eventual solution: pack two or three boxes simultaneously. Any items that don’t fit into one box often tend to more easily fit into one of the other boxes. Packing is so tedious; I wish I had started a lot earlier, and then the job could have been spread over a longer period and would have been less of a strain.

I didn’t get much done to the ute. The weather has been drizzly. Perhaps the weather is just an excuse. I have to fit anchor points to secure my campervan. I can’t seem to find the appropriate pieces of steel to do the job. I have lots of steel in the shed, but couldn’t find anything suitable. Perhaps this is avoidance behaviour. You see, I don’t quite know how to tackle the job. I have a general idea of how things should be, but can’t seem to make a start. I don’t want to make a hash of it. It’ll all come together when I get the correct steel for the job. Surely it will. It has to come together as there’s not much time to get things done.

And the clock ticks on. The removalists will be here soon. Got to go faster.

No comments: